09 632 1138 info@nanniesabroad.co.nz
Ready for your big OE?   Welcome to Nannies Abroad

Au Pair in Italy

We have two options for those wanting to work in Italy as an Au pair, or Au Pair Plus. We work with our partner in Italy placing mothers helps and au pairs all over Italy.

For those of you wanting to live as part of an Italian family, and are 19-30 years old with good child care experience, in return for some light housework and childcare, we have the following options;

AU PAIR working for 5 hours a day 5-6 days a week

  • Babysitting for 2-3 evenings per week
  • 1-2 free days and evenings
  • app 60 Euro per week live in
  • full board accommodation

AU PAIR PLUS work 6 hours a day, 5-6 days a week

  • babysit 2-3 evenings per week
  • have 1-2 free days and 1-2 free evenings
  • approximately Euro 80 per week live in
  • full board accommodation

All families are different so you need to be flexible, but you will not be expected to be totally responsible for the housework however you will be responsible for cleaning up after meals, helping prepare for meals, emptying dishwasher etc, as well as cleaning up after the children and perhaps their laundry.  

How do I find a family?

Once you have completed the application form and the Police Check form and returned them to us for registration we will forward to Italy and we will supply you with possible family matches for you to consider. If you are interested then the family will call you for an informal chat.

Please complete our Childcare Experience form as well so we can assess your childcare experience correctly. 

From here on in the family confirms your placement, we advise you and then you book your flight, which we can do for you free of charge - finding the best flights possible via our IWHTravel Department. Once confirmed the family will then meet you at the airport. Italian staff are available if you have any problems while in your family and on arrival.

What is the application fee?

Application fee is NZ$400. We will return your application form and fee if you do not have enough experience or do not meet the criteria.

Do I need a visa?

If you are not a EU citizen and you want to be an au pair in Italy you will need a working holiday visa.

How do I apply for a visa?


You will need;
  • Private Health Insurance (Travel Insurance including Medical) - we will help you sort this out
  • Proof you can support yourself (copy of bank statement/letter of credit)
  • A return ticket and itinerary with the date and place of entry to Italy and place and date of departure from Italy.

See the Italian Embassy website for full details - http://www.esteri.it/visti/index_eng.asp

Italy Au Pair Thumbnail Job Page.jpg

Your duties:

Help care for the children, assist in the house, (vacuuming, dusting, light washing, ironing, etc) and help prepare meals. An Au Pair is not expected to take sole responsibility for any of these tasks on a permanent basis. Read more on duties

Flights and Insurance

Join our own IWHTravel department Facebook Group where you can find awesome flights and insurance deals. Our own Travel Guru is in the group to help you out.

Complete a pre-application form below & we'll be in touch about your next steps


Fill out my online form.
We've been doing this since 1994, so we are most experienced International Nanny Agency in New Zealand.
Copyright © Nannies Abroad. All rights reserved  |  Website Design by Labyrinth Solutions  |  Content Management by Contegro
International Working Holidays™, International Working Holidays Logo, Nannies Abroad™ and Nannies Abroad Logo are trademarks of Nannies Abroad Limited.