09 632 1138 info@nanniesabroad.co.nz
Ready for your big OE?   Welcome to Nannies Abroad

Types of visas available to New Zealanders.

There are two main visas for the UK that New Zealanders mostly apply for.

UK Nanny Job Thumbnail with Badge.jpg

UK Ancestry

If you have British born grandparents you are eligible to apply for a UK Ancestry Visa. This takes about one month and allows you to work and live in the UK for up to five years. You need to supply the British High Commission with the completed application forms, your passport, a letter from a prospective employer or an agency that you have registered with (eg Nannies Abroad or Working Holidays International), as well as the original of your grandparent birth certificate along with marriage and birth certificates proving the link. More

Youth Mobility Scheme - YMS (formerly Working Holiday Visa)

If you are aged between 18-30, single with no dependants, you can apply for a YMS. This allows you to work and holiday in the UK for two years from the date of first entry. Any time spent out of the country after that still counts as part of your two years. No extensions can be applied for. You can apply to the British High Commission three months before departure. Processing can take between 5 – 12 weeks. Requirements of this visa are that you need to have the equivalent of 1800 British Pounds Sterling (to support you during your stay and pay for a flight home if necessary).. More detailed information


We've been doing this since 1994, so we are most experienced International Nanny Agency in New Zealand.
Copyright © Nannies Abroad. All rights reserved  |  Website Design by Labyrinth Solutions  |  Content Management by Contegro
International Working Holidays™, International Working Holidays Logo, Nannies Abroad™ and Nannies Abroad Logo are trademarks of Nannies Abroad Limited.